Let’s be honest, the summer can sometimes be miserably hot. When it gets to be that hot, all you want to do is go somewhere cool so that your body can get a break from the heat! The issue is finding places you can go so that you can cool down and chill out for a while, and we’re here to help you out with that.
Best places to go when it’s hot
The best places you can go to cool down in the summer are places that can offer the following:
- Places with temperatures which are cool enough to make you feel good for a while. No, we’re not talking room temperature, we’re talking below 70 degrees where you can feel the chill of the AC. If your house doesn’t get that cool, places like coffee shops or restaurants usually have great AC.
- Something to do. If you go to a place just to cool off, you might end up getting bored after just a short amount of time. The best place you can go in the summer is somewhere that will also entertain you! Go see a movie, visit a library, or find another relaxing indoor activity.
- A place where you can get something to drink or eat which will cool you down (like an ice cream cone, an ice-cold beer, or a smoothie). Nothing is better on a sunny, summer day than relaxing with a cool drink.
- Somewhere nearby. You’re not looking to drive a half hour to “cool off”, because by then you’ll already either be cooled off by your car’s air conditioning or you’ll no longer want it! If you live in an apartment complex with a pool, this would be the perfect solution.
- Ice cream place. There’s nothing, I repeat, nothing better than an ice cream cone on a hot day. Whether you sit inside or outside is up to you, but you’ll be sure to find some of these places locally for you to enjoy.
- Community pool (or a friend’s pool). Going swimming in the hot weather is a great way for you to still get your tan on and also stay cool and have fun while you’re at it! Befriend someone with a pool and bug them every time you need to escape the heat.
- Go to a nearby, cheap restaurant so that you can pay a small amount for a nice drink and some time to cool off from the outside heat while getting out of the house!
- A cold shower. Seriously, this is one of the best remedies for being too hot, and you can clean yourself while you’re at it!